Monday 14 February 2011

Introduction to Blog

I'll keep this short as it is just a summary of what we will find on this blog.

Betty's Interstellar Adventures (BIA for short) is an actual manifestation of something I have planned to do for ages, but for one reason or another it never really materialised (I have that dreadful combination of traits, being both the biggest procrastinator going, and a short term attitude to sticking at stuff like this. Also known as being a bit of a lazy git)I've always been a sci-fi nut, and a Star Trek nut at that, and I've always fancied reviewing the episodes. Now this lies in the wake of excellent reviews of various sci-fi shows by online reviewers such as SFDebris, Red Letter Media, Confused Matthew, Distressed Watcher, Linkara and so on. So I thought why not have an (admittedly amateurish) pop myself? The reviews will run concurrently in order they are shown, so the blog order will be chronological and not flip[ flapping all over the show. Then when we finish one show; we move on to a new show. The first reviews will be about the Star Trek spin off Deep Space Nine (DS9). This is because I have the greatest familiarity with that show, and more importantly I have access to all the episodes, so there won't be any gaps with episodes I can't review because I can't watch them. Ditto why B5 is next on the list. I intend to do the following shows in this order (at present)

DEEP SPACE NINE

TREK MOVIES

BABYLON 5 (NOT CRUSADE AT PRESENT)

BABYLON 5 TELEMOVIES & THE LOST TALES

ENTERPRISE

And potential non Sci-Fi revies of

BLACKADDER

FAWLTY TOWERS

DROP THE DEAD DONKEY

ALAN PARTRIDGE

That's about that really. So Next time we start the ball rolling with Emissary. A new discovery on the fringes of the universe (which is about a fortnight from Earth according to the show) could change the galaxy for ever, and we discover that superbeings are a dab hand at providing therapy for that guy from "Spenser for hire" to get over his wife kicking the space bucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment